Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pear Salad with Walnuts and Feta

We needed to try something new. We always have the same old boring chef salad or my favorite, Spinach Strawberry Salad with Candied Pecans. I knew I would like this new one. It was my husband I had to convince...

Pear Salad with Walnuts and Feta Recipe

Ingredients
1 bag spring mix salad
2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup roasted walnuts
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette
3 tablespoons olive oil
freshly cracked pepper

*The pears in the picture I sliced with a cheese grater. 
Then after I took the picture I cut them again only because my husband doesn't really eat pears.
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on single layer in a baking sheet. Roast for 10 – 12 minutes, or until just fragrant. Be careful not to burn them.

2. Add spring mix to a large bowl. Top with thinly sliced pears, feta cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Toss salad to incorporate all ingredients.

* Don't be afraid to add more Balsamic Vinegar/vinaigrette. We did so it wouldn't taste as dry and give it more flavor.

So good! Even my husband said so...that says a lot!

Adapted From: The Family Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment