Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

For the love of Bumble Bees

So last halloween, my daughter wanted to be a Bumble Bee. We looked around and I didnt see any costumes that didnt look cheap or cheesy. So I decided to make it. We already had a yellow tutu. We bought the antennas, stinger, and black shirt from target. I went to Jo Ann Fabrics for some yellow fabric. Cut them into stripes and sewed them (by hand again) on the black shirt. Front and Back. That only took me 14 hours...literally. My mom found a black tutu at Babies R' Us and I just layered that over the yellow tutu. Every Halloween store we went to was sold out of bee wings! Apparently that was the costume of the season. So once again we took a trip back to Target and found some fairy/butterfly wings in the baby section. I bought some yellow spray paint and turned them yellow. Now they don't look exactly like bee wings but they worked.

She loved her costume! She still wears it around the house with all of her dress up clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment