Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups

I'm not a big fan of making breakfast..I mean seriously, your kids wake you up at the crack of dawn so you're still half asleep and you have to make breakfast which sometimes involves a dangerous appliance...the stove or oven. I already have problems burning myself when I'm wide awake, I would rather not take that chance when I just wake up. But when I'm in the mood to go all out (and by all out I mean not throw an eggo waffle or toast in the toaster and call it a day) I like to try something new. This morning I was in the mood for eggs so I jumped online to Pinterest and found this awesome recipe! I mean three of my favorite breakfast foods mixed into one bite, You can't go wrong! hmmm I wonder how much more amazing it would be with sausage!?!?! :-D

Ingredients
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 slices bread (I use whole wheat)
6 slices bacon
6 large eggs
salt and pepper if desired

 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.
  2. Cook bacon in skillet or microwave, until almost crisp(it will continue to cook in oven), Lay 1 bacon slice (I cut in half and put side by side) in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.



*Note: 20 minutes would be good if you like the yolk runny. 25 minutes the yolk was almost cooked through but not fully.

Adapted from: Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment